Getting your Airstream or any RV packed and ready to go on an adventure is a task, and we’re here to help you make your trip very successful. Finding the right gear and accessories is a challenge, and we’ve already done the legwork for you. (As an affiliate marketer, we get a small commission on any sale, but you don’t pay extra by purchasing through our site. It’s just a great way to support fellow travelers, and we appreciate it!)
1. TEKTON 1/2 INCH DRIVE CLICK TORQUE WRENCH (10-150 FT.-LB.) | 24335
Believe us when we tell you, you need this. We had a blowout on I-95 not long after starting our journey across the U.S. We tried to loosen the lug nuts on our tires, and we were unable to budge them using the supplied wrench that came with our Airstream. This one packs a punch and you can stand on it to get the needed pressure. Read any Airstream or RV forum and you’ll see many people recommend this product. It’s our number one must have. Be sure to check your manual for the proper socket size you need to purchase, too. Our 2014 Airstream Signature International uses a 3/4 inch, but many require a 13/16. These are not included with the wrench.
2. MEGAHITCH LOCK COUPLER VAULT PRO WITH 2 5/16″ BALL (ROCK GRAY)
This MEGAHITCH lock is one that fits over your Airstream hitch. We tried three different hitches before we found one that fit our Airstream. This one fits (double check your ball size). Also, watch the online videos on this security item, and you’ll be sold on the security it offers. The last thing you want is for someone to connect your Airstream to their truck and take off with it. Recovering it is hard to do!
3. Fastway ONEstep Wheel Chock Double Pack For Tandem Axle Trailers
There are many wheel chocks out there, but we love ours. These are easy to set up and easy to grab and go. We’ve made the rookie mistake of trying to pull away without removing them, and our trailer went nowhere. Because they are so easy to manage, we use them at every setup because we want the added protection they provide.
4. mDesign Plastic Kitchen Pantry Cabinet, Refrigerator or Freezer Food Storage Bins with Handles
These are super trays that we use for several organizational needs. First, they fit in the refrigerator and the tabs on the bottom fit perfectly between the grates to help stay in place as we travel. Secondly, we use them in the bathroom on the counter for a his/hers caddy to hold our small items. We’ve attached them with industrial Velcro (sold below), and they don’t move a muscle! Thirdly, we attached one on the counter by the back door so we can throw our keys, pens, doggie bags, etc. into them, once again we use Velcro.
5. Non-stick Mat Pad [3 Pack] Silicone Rolling Baking Pastry Mat Large Round 9.5″ White
This baking mat fits perfectly on the round rack in our Microwave/Convection oven. It’s so handy when warming items or baking a pizza or cookies. There are three in a pack so they also offer protection in the cabinet when used as padding between items to keep from shifting in transit. We love our silicone mats!
6. WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator, CARB Compliant
After researching generators, we chose this generator for several reasons. First, it was about half the price of the leading red one. Second, it was easy to handle and carry. Third, it had a great rating. Forth, it had low decibel rating. Fifth, it allowed a parallel connection (sold below) when we purchased two of generators, which we needed to run the air conditioner. As an added bonus, it’s been very easy to start and maintain. (Don’t forget to buy the chain below, too!)
7. WEN 56421 30-Amp 3600-Watt Parallel Connection Kit for Inverter Generators
This 30 amp plug connection for your Wen Inverter Generators is one of the main reasons we chose Wen Generators. It is easy to connect and you just plug into it and connect it to your Airstream. We’ve had no issues with it.
8. VULCAN PREMIUM CASE-HARDENED SECURITY CHAIN AND LOCK KIT – 3/8″ X 9′ CHAIN CANNOT BE CUT WITH BOLT CUTTERS OR HAND TOOLS
Protecting your generators or ebikes is very important, and we’ve heard horror stories of people who didn’t take the security of these items seriously. We purchased this chain because when we did the research, we learned that it was truly the best chain on the market.
9. 8 Gallon Drawstring Trash Bags -0.72 Mil Ultra Strong Medium Trash Can Liners, Unscented Multipurpose White Garbage Bags, 60 Count
We like having great garbage bags that hold up well. These are very good bags and fit the trash can under the kitchen sink. We are spoiled with drawstrings at home, so we wanted them in this smaller trash can, too. We’ve been very pleased with their performance.
10. YETI ROADIE 24 COOLER
We love Yeti products, and we love this cooler. Our first purchase was a Hopper, but it was bulky and in our way. Don’t do what we did. Purchase this one for the ease of storage and handling. This one fits nicely in the corner of our bedroom when not in use. It’s easy to handle, too.
11. DUXTOP PORTABLE INDUCTION COOKTOP, COUNTERTOP BURNER INDUCTION HOT PLATE WITH LCD SENSOR TOUCH 1800 WATTS, SILVER 9600LS
We love using our induction cooktop at home, and we are so glad we brought our induction plate with us on the road. It allows us to have a second source of cooking outside or inside when we want to use electricity. If you’ve never used induction, you might not know that it boils water within a minute or two. It’s great to have when you want to cook bacon or some other greasy food and you don’t want it inside your unit. Don’t forget to buy pans that will hold a magnet (see below).
12. Camco Premium Ceramic Nesting Cookware Set- Non Stick Pans and Pots with Removable Handles, Space Efficient Excellent for RVs and Compact Kitchens, 7-Piece Set (43920),Stainless Steel
Because we brought our induction plate, we needed stainless steel pans that would work well with it but also be nesting. These were an excellent choice. They have proved to be very durable and convenient. There is also a 10 piece option, if you look at the Amazon listing. We have been very pleased with this purchase.
13. Whitmor INC 13x15x10 Gry Woven Tote, 13 by 15 by 10″
These baskets are the perfect size for storing items below the seat in the storage cabinet. In the International Signature, we have a cabinet below the table and I had to search hard to find the perfect fit. These are great for storing pans and cooking items you don’t use every day. They are sturdy, too.
14. -24 Magnetic Spice Tins & 2 Types of Spice Labels, Authentic by Talented Kitchen. 24 Storage Spice Containers, Window Top w/Sift-Pour. 113 Clear & 126 Chalkboard Stickers. Rack Magnetic On Refrigerator
I purchased these spice jars because they fit perfectly on my vent hood above my stove. The labels are so cute and they allow me to travel with a full range of spices.
15. Modern Innovations 10 Inch Stainless Steel Magnetic Knife Bar with Multipurpose Use as Knife Holder, Knife Rack, Knife Strip, Kitchen Utensil Holder, Tool Holder, Art Supply Organizer, Home Organizer
When we purchased our Airstream, we decided not to put holes in the walls, so we could maintain our resale value. The only exception, a magnetic knife holder placed near the stove. It allows me to have great knifes and they are at the ready when I need them. I just wouldn’t enjoy cooking as much if I didn’t have my tools where I needed them.
16. Camco 28″ Double RV Refrigerator Bar, Holds Food and Drinks in Place During Travel, Prevents Messy Spills, Spring Loaded and Extends Between 16″ and 28″ – White (44073)
We purchased one of these for our refrigerator. It holds the milk and other big items in place on the lower shelf when we are driving.
17.Camco 28″ RV Refrigerator Bar, Holds Food and Drinks in Place During Travel, Prevents Messy Spills, Spring Loaded and Extends Between 16″ and 28″ – White (3 Pack) (44053)
We purchased a set of these to use in our refrigerator for the top shelves. They work great!
18. Camco Brass Water Pressure Regulator with Gauge- Helps Protect RV Plumbing and Hoses from High-Pressure City Water – Easy Read Gauge, Lead Free (40064)
This pressure regulator with gauge is exactly what we needed when hooking up to unpredictable city and campsite water. It’s preset at 40 50 psi in the factory.
19. Camco EVO Premium RV & Marine Water Filter, Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odor, Sediment, Bacteria, Chlorine and Much More (40631)
Our water filter might be a little larger than our neighbors when we camp, but we are confident we have the best one on the market. It’s very easy to manage and hook up at every campsite where we go. Check out the stand below.
20. CAMCO UNIVERSAL FIT PLASTIC WATER FILTER STAND- SUPPORTS WATER FILTER IN UPRIGHT POSITION TO REDUCE HOSE KINKING AND MAXIMIZE WATER FLOW RATE, FITS 4-INCH FILTERS – 40775
We highly recommend this stand for the 4 inch filter above. It stands on the ground and the filter slides right into it for a snug fit.
21. Teknor Apex Zero-G 1/2″ X 25′ Drinking Water Hose
We must admit that we did not purchase this hose but rather a bulky hard to manage hose. This is the brand we use for our tank flushing hose, and we love it. We have learned on the road that this hose is the one to buy. Many Airstreamers love their Zero-G RV drinking hose.
22. zero-G 4001-25 8 Inch by 25 Feet Lightweight, Ultra Flexible, Durable, Kink-Free Garden Hose, 5, 5/8″ x 25′, Gray
This is the hose we have, and we love it. It is not a cheap hose that doesn’t last. This is made to last and we expect to keep it for years to come.
23. Gibson Studio 114336.12 Mauna 12 Piece Heavy Weight Melamine Dinnerware Set, Grey Rustic
These plates are very functional and they travel well. I was looking for plates that wouldn’t be obnoxious to look at every day, and still travel well. These were the ones I chose.
24. Johnson Level & Tool 1402-0900 9″ Torpedo Level
This level is the perfect small size for leaving at your door to level your unit when you are setting up.
25. Coleman Instant Screenhouse
Having a screen house is a nice thing when you are surrounded by bugs. We love ours! It’s so easy to set up and take down. (Be sure you get the tarp below.)
26. ENBRIGHTEN CLASSIC LED CAFE STRING LIGHTS, BLACK, 48 FOOT LENGTH, 24 IMPACT RESISTANT LIFETIME BULBS, PREMIUM, SHATTERPROOF, WEATHERPROOF, INDOOR/OUTDOOR, COMMERCIAL GRADE, UL LISTED, 31664
These lights are perfect for adding to your festive mood at the camp sight. We love them because they are so sturdy and dependable. The lights are high quality and easy to handle. The box fits underneath the bench seat in our storage.
27. Camco Large Reversible Outdoor Patio Mat-Mold and Mildew Resistant, Easy to Clean, Perfect for Picnics, Cookouts, Camping, and The Beach (9′ x 12′, Blue and White Zig Zag Design) (42866)
Having a camp rug is very helpful in keeping the dirt out of your Airstream. It’s also just nice to not always be on dirt and grass. These mats are perfect for camping, and we love ours!
28. Nano shield Premium Patio Rug Stakes 6 Packs, 7″ RV Outdoor Furniture, Low Profile Professional Stakes, Easily Secure Your Patio Rug to The Ground
These are great little stakes and the hold down the corners of our rug just like we expect them to. They are easy to remove with a hammer.
29. PORTABLE RV SURGE PROTECTOR PORTABLE EMS-PT30X RV SURGE PROTECTOR
Having a surge protector is a great investment. Do some research, but as far as we can tell, this is a great product. We’ve seen others recommend it. We had one, so we didn’t need to purchase it. If your unit runs on 50 amp, you’ll need a different model.
30. Camco 20′ (39742) RhinoFLEX 20-Foot RV Sewer Hose Kit, Swivel Transparent Elbow with 4-in-1 Dump Station Fitting-Storage Caps Included
This is the best hose on the market. We have this exact set up and it works so well. The clear elbow joint is very important to be able to clean your tanks properly. The hoses are very well constructed.
31. Camco 43031 10ft Sidewinder RV Sewer Hose Support, Made from Sturdy Lightweight Plastic, Won’t Creep Closed, Holds Hoses in Place – No Need for Straps
This sewer hose support works very well. It is sturdy and is a great compliment to the hose above.
32. Camco 25′ PowerGrip Extension Cord with 30M/30F- Straight Locking Adapter | Allows for Easy RV Connection to Distant Power Outlets | Built to Last (55501)
Camco once again makes a great product and this plug is no different.
33. RV Power Adapter Camper Cord-50amp Male to 30amp Female,12inch,10/3 STW (CR5030)
Believe us, you will need a converter plug if you go on the road. We had to buy on one the fly and it’s a problem when you go to set up and all you have is 30 amp equipment. Many campgrounds have 50 amp service, so this does the trick.
34. Camco (22505) 90 Degree Hose Elbow- Eliminates Stress and Strain On RV Water Intake Hose Fittings, Solid Brass
This joint is important as you put a hose onto your Airstream. It takes the pressure off the trailer connection. It’s a must-have.
35. Twinkle Star Garden Hose Splitter 2 Way, Y Connector Brass Garden Hose Adapter
We leave our splitter on our water filter, so we can hook up a second hose to our system. This one is very handy.
36. VELCRO Brand Industrial Strength Fasteners | Stick-On Adhesive | Professional Grade Heavy Duty Strength Holds up to 10 lbs on Smooth Surfaces | Indoor Outdoor Use | 15ft x 2in Tape, White
This is the Velcro we use for all our stabilization needs in the Airstream. I use it to fasten plastic bins and items I don’t want shifting in transit. It’s just good to have on hand when you need it.
37. VELCRO Brand Industrial Strength Fasteners | Stick-On Adhesive | Professional Grade Heavy Duty Strength Holds up to 10 lbs on Smooth Surfaces | Indoor Outdoor Use | 15ft x 2in Tape, White
These have been great at holding our broom and mop in the bathroom. We’ve had great success and no problems.
38. 10′ x 10′ Super Heavy Duty 16 Mil Brown Poly Tarp Cover – Thick Waterproof, UV Resistant, Rot, Rip and Tear Proof Tarpaulin with Grommets and Reinforced Edges – by Xpose Safety
If you have a screen house, you’ll want one of these to put underneath. This one fits the Coleman Screen House above.
39. Palmer Hobo Pie Iron Long Handle – Square Aluminum – Made in USA
We call these Pie Fries but we have learned on the road in Indiana and Wisconsin they are called Pudgy Pies. We love them! It’s a must have for any fun loving RV’er!
40. Camco Olympian 5500 Stainless-Steel Portable Gas Grill – Connects to Low Pressure Supply On RV, Includes RV Mounting Bracket and Folding Tabletop Legs (57305)
This is an awesome stove for RVers. It comes with a hose to hook up to your RV or Airstream outlet. Perfect for a grilled meal.
And, there you have it. Our list of 40 items!
Finding the right gear and accessories is a challenge. We hope you benefit by our suggestions. If we’ve left something out, post a comment and we’ll update.
We’d love to invite you to follow our journey as we crisscross the country in our Airstream. You can find us on social media at: