We recently had an opportunity to participate in a charity golf tournament at the Army Navy Country Club in Arlington, Virginia. This event benefited Homes For Our Troops (HFOT), which is a publicly funded 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. Their mission is building and donating specially adapted custom homes for severely injured post-9/11 Veterans. They serve the nation’s most severely injured with missing limbs, paralysis, blindness, and traumatic brain injuries. This event gave us an opportunity to learn more about this cause. In addition, we could give back to our American heroes and help spread the word on how others can help.
Despite their life-altering injuries, many of these heroes have completed college degrees and started families and new careers. These custom homes have enabled them to focus on their recovery and returning to help serve others. Many share their inspirational messages as motivational speakers across the country, while sharing their messages of perseverance.
The HFOT organization has built and donated over 300 specially designed homes across the country. There are currently 64 Veterans on the active list that have qualified for a home. The goal is to build a home for every single hero that qualifies.
Since HFOT was founded in 2004, nearly ninety cents out of every dollar goes directly to program services supporting Veterans. Also, Homes For Our Troops receives the highest possible rating of 4 stars from Charity Navigator, coupled with their A rating with Charity Watch, makes it a charitable organization that can be trusted. In light of this information, now is the time to get involved.
HFOT is a publicly funded, non-profit with approximately 65 percent of the operational budget from individual donors, private foundations and other fundraisers. Additionally, the remaining 35 percent comes from corporate supporters in the form of cash and donated materials. Furthermore, you contribution can make a real difference.
In conclusion, you can learn more about this wonderful charity and ways to make a contribution on their website at https://www.hfotusa.org/