We have gathered travel information for your trip to Germany. We hope this page helps you plan a great trip to this beautiful country!
From Munich and their opulent Rococo and Baroque buildings to Berlin and its art, design, and clever ideas, to the many charming college towns, fairytale castles, rolling countryside, and Bavarian beer gardens, Germany has much to offer the intrepid traveler. The Germanic people’s history, culture, and stories can keep you busy learning, and you will no doubt leave having a better understanding of the fortitude of this great land. Keep reading for more travel information to this amazing country,
Travel Information and Guides for Germany
Monetary Unit: Euro (EUR)
Population: 83.19 Million (18th)
Total Area: 137,847 Square Miles (63rd)
National Parks: 16
When to go…
The overall best time to visit Berlin is during the extended summer months of May-September, but do bring some warmer clothes for the cooler evenings. Be aware that June and July also sees more thunderstorms.
Best Things to Do
- Go hiking in Berchtesgaden National Park
- See the Berlin Wall for historical perspective
- Visit a fairytale castle in the Bavarian woods at Neuschwanstein Castle
- Admire the magnificent Cologne Cathedral
- Check out each of the museum complexes of Museum Island in Berlin
- Plan on attending one of the many Christmas Markets across German
Explore travel in another country!
We have traveled to many countries, so check out our guides here!