We have gathered travel information for your trip to Hungary. We hope this page helps you plan a great trip to this beautiful country!
Hungary has romantic architecture, mesmerizing scenery, and an abundance of thermal baths and historic spas. It is an excellent travel destination and the perfect place to head for a relaxing getaway. It is a place to find stunning cultural landmarks, beautiful nature, and friendly local people without fighting large tourist crowds or paying high prices to visit. Hungary offers all travelers things and is waiting for you to explore this affordable gem. Keep reading for more travel information for this interesting country.
Monetary Unit: Forint (HUF)
Population: 9.73 Million (91st)
Total Area: 35,920 Square Miles (108th)
National Parks: 10
When to go…
Our recommendation to visit this wonderful city is May-June and September-October. You will find nice weather and fewer tourists during this time. Bring a sweater for cool evenings, especially in October.
Best Things to Do
- Take a Danube River Cruise
- Marvel at the Hungarian Parliament Building in Budapest
- Shop at the neogothic Great Market Hall in Budapest
- Get pampered in a thermal spa at Cave Bath
- Go swimming in Lake Balaton with the locals
- Eat some Hungarian Goulash and other delicious traditional foods
Explore travel in another country!
We have traveled to many countries, so check out our guides here!