We have gathered travel information for your trip to Portugal. We hope this page helps you plan a great trip to this beautiful country!
Portugal is a spectacular collection of beautiful beaches, old-world cities, unbelievable ancient castles, festivals, and delicious food. It has had the same borders since the 11th century, the longest in Europe. The best part is you can have all this European charm for a fraction of the price of more expensive locations. So whether you go for the world-class wine, the beaches of the Algarve, or the pastéis de Nata, a mouthwatering pastry, Portugal should be on your bucket list for travel as soon as possible.
Travel Guides for Portugal
Monetary Unit: Euro (EUR)
Population: 10.35 Million (89th)
Total Area: 35,603 Square Miles (109th)
National Parks: 1
When to go…
Lisbon, Portugal (side charts)
Lisbon is a wonderful city to visit from May-September with pleasant temperatures and the sun shining most of the time.
Best Things to Do
- Explore Lisbon on the iconic trams
- Visit Porto Old Town and cruise down the Douru River
- Hike the Seven Hanging Valleys Trail on the Algarve coast
- Learn to make Pastel De Nata in Belem
- Listen to traditional Fado music in Chiado
- Drink some Port Wine in the Douro Valley
- Kayak though the Benagil Sea Cave
- Take in a sunrise while hiking on Madeira Island
Explore travel in another country!
We have traveled to many countries, so check out our guides here!