We have gathered travel information, facts, things to do and weather for your Norway trip. We hope this page helps you plan a great trip to this beautiful country!
Norway should be on your travel list for so many reasons. The Northern Lights, breathtaking fjords, impressive mountains, incredible hiking, whale watching, and welcoming people are just a few reasons to visit Norway. Whether staying in July for the midnight sun or learning more about the Sami, the northernmost indigenous people with the oldest culture in the country, you will leave with amazement and the desire to return. Keep reading for more travel information on planning a trip of your own to Norway.
Travel Information and Guides for Norway
Monetary Unit: Norwegian Krone (NOK)
Population: 5.38 Million (118th)
Total Area: 148,729 Square Miles (61st)
National Parks: 47
When to go…
Oslo, Norway (side charts)
The summer season of Norway weather is June-August is definitely the best time to visit, with slightly increasing amounts of rainfall during this time. The temperatures are pleasant and days are VERY long, with daylight even after midnight during late June!!
Best Things to Do
- Go on a Cruise through the Fjord Region
- Hike to Trolltunga or Pulpit Rock for a once in lifetime experience
- Explore Oslo and visit the Viking Ship Museum
- Drive the Atlantic Road for one of the most beautiful drives in the world
- Enjoy the shops, restaurants, and museums of Trondheim
- Take a train trip on the nearly 2000 miles of scenic track
- Try to see the famous Northern Lights for an unforgettable experience
Explore travel in another country!
We have traveled to many countries, so check out our guides here!