Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better.Albert Einstein
About the Park
Olympic National Park is a magnificent wilderness area on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. It is filled with glaciers, mountains, lakes, temperate rain forests, and 70 miles of rugged Pacific coastline. This fantastic park is probably the most diverse of all the U.S. National Parks.
Check out the view from the park!
Live it up!
Best Things to do in the Park
- Make the drive up to Hurricane Ridge for views of the Olympic Mountains
- Visit a beautiful setting at the Lake Crescent Lodge and explore Lake Crescent on kayak
- Hike the trail on the Hoh Rainforest and see the moss covered trees
- Make a trip out to the coastal beaches and look for beach treasures
- Head over to the Sequim area and visit the lavender farms
We loved our week at Olympic National Park during our Airstream tour of the America. There was so much variety with hiking along the moss covered trees at the Hoh Rain Forest, watching herds of Roosevelt Elk, and making the twisting turns to Hurricane Ridge for amazing views. We also loved going to see the Lavender Farms just north of the park!
Size of Park
Olympic’s Hoh Rain Forest receives 12 feet of rain per year!
Explore another National Park in the USA
We’ve visited 51 of the 63 parks. Check out our other guides.