Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.Edward Abbey
About the Park
Voyageurs National Park is at its best in the country’s northern reaches. With about 1000 islands and 30 lakes, this adventure wonderland is a paradise for boating, hiking, fishing, and more. You can even see the northern lights here with your best chance during winter.
Check out the view from the park!
Live it up!
Best Things to do in the Park
- Take a paddle board or kayak out into the waters and enjoy the beauty. We took our boards, dog and snacks and had a fantastic day on the water. This was the highlight of the park for us.
- See the northern lights during the winter months
- Go fishing in the park waters and surrounding area waters
- Watch a sunset at Kabetogama Lake
- Go swimming in the warm summer waters of Rainy Lake
We had the best time at the Voyageurs National Park. One day, we took our two inflatable paddle boards, snacks, drinks, and our dog, Annie, and headed out into the waters. We spent several hours paddling around from small island to small island, enjoying nature at its best. It was so peaceful and perfect!
Size of Park
Voyageurs National Park has over 1000 islands within the park boundaries!
Explore another National Park in the USA
We’ve visited 51 of the 63 parks. Check out our other guides.