There is nothing so American as our national parks.Franklin D. Roosevelt
About the Park
Yosemite National Park is a magnificent park in California’s Sierra Nevada mountains that contains massive granite domes, waterfalls, sheer cliffs, giant sequoia groves, and lush meadows in the spectacular Yosemite Valley.
Check out the view from Yosemite Valley!
Live it up!
Best Things to do in the Park
- Enjoy some of the top attractions in Yosemite Valley and drive the park road loop
- Go to Glacier Point for one of the best views anywhere in the park
- Hike the iconic Half Dome for the experience of a lifetime
- See the giant sequoias at Mariposa Grove
- Take an enjoyable hike to see Bridalveil Falls, which is 620 feet tall
- Stand in awe at the incredible El Capitan, a granite buttress that rises 3,600 feet above the valley
After watching “Free Solo,” the documentary of climber Alex Honnold’s successful free solo climb of the 3600’ El Capitan, John attempted the climb. He claims he made three feet, but Bev knows it was only one foot. LOL. The interesting thing was after posting this picture on Instagram, we heard from his mom, Dierdre Wolownick, the oldest woman ever to climb El Capitan. She may be the absolute “rockstar” of the family!
Size of Park
1,169 square miles
Yosemite was the first area of land set aside by the US Government for preservation
Explore another National Park in the USA
We’ve visited 51 of the 63 parks. Check out our other guides.